Saturday, October 15, 2011

R.I.P Steve Jobs, but couldn't you have taken the iPhone with you?

     Ok, so as most of you know I work at an At&t store.  The job is okay and most days I don't mind going but since the release of the new iPhone 4s I am ready to throw our store phone out the window.  We have had endless calls about this phone.  People have called about everything from can they still get it to all the problems they are having activating it.  It's seriously a pain in my butt.  The phone has been out for just over 36 hours and because EVERYONE is activating at the same time the network is clogging up everything!!!  I have to talk to customer service on a regular basis and now what usually takes only 5mins to do is now taking 30mins.  The other down fall is that most people don't know that we are not authorized to work on the iPhone, so if it breaks you have to drive all the way to Troy and go to the Apple Store to get it fixed.  I have had several customers yell at me because the other stores sales reps didn't tell them that!!!  So I can officially say I absolutly hate the iPhone!!!!

    So I ask you please the next time you need help with the iPhone or know someone that does, please don't go rampaging into your closest At&t store yelling at the sales reps.  We didn't do it and we will try and help but we can't if you are going to yell and threaten to switch to another company because someone didn't give you the full story about your phone. We are doing what we can and if you treat us with a little respect then we will give it to you in return and will be more willing to go out of our way to solve whatever problem you may have.  They say the golden rule is "do unto others as you would have them do to you"  not come-in-and-yell-demanding-respect-and-get-upset-when-we-can't-help.  Be kind to your At&t rep and we will be kind to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment