Saturday, June 26, 2010

Where would I be without them...?

So here I am on a Saturday night watching A Cinderella Story for the millionth time on Oxygen musing over how happy I am. My friends from high school came over and we sort of had our own little pizza and baby cuddling party. Cindy, Liz and I have been friends since we were 14 or 15 years old and unlike most have been able to keep in touch over the years. They came by to visit and see baby Timmy. The three of us sat in my living room eating pizza and wings, played with my son, and listened to Bill Engvall on Comedy Central. My husband, whom I have also known since I was about 16, sat with us and we all reminisced about high school and people we knew and about what we were all doing now. I don't want to say it was something I had just realized, but more of a revalation of just how happy I am with the way that my life has turned out and how lucky I am to have it. I have a wonderful husband that I would do anything for and that would do anything for me and May 2nd the second love of my life came into the world, Timothy Warren Byers Johnson. My first child and the only other man I will ever love unconditionally. He is now 2 months old and very happy and healthy. I have a roof over my head, albeit a little small, food in the fridge, and a job that I like that manages to also pay the bills. I couldn't see my life any other way and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Somtimes things get a little rough but we fight through it and in the end things come out ok.

I look back sometimes at all the things I had to go through to get where I am today and I ask myself if I would change anything. I couldn't because I have come to realize that if I changed what I have been through then I wouldn't be who I am now,I wouldn't have the beautiful little boy that I love so much, and I wouldn't appreciate the wonderful husband that I have. I love my life and the way it's turned out and if I had it to do all over I would do it all the same way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with Liz and Cindy. Those years in high school seem so long ago.

    ReplyDelete